Frequently Asked Questions
Why was BioSmart created?
- Hospital acquired infections from MRSA and other drug-resistant microbes continue to increase, resulting in significant cost and risk to the healthcare community
- Studies have shown that textiles serve as sites for bacterial contamination
- There are limited antimicrobial textile solutions that are both durable and effective against a broad range of bacteria and viruses
- Technology enhanced textiles can be a significant contributor to a HAI prevention program
What is BioSmart?
- A textile technology that binds chlorine to the fabric surface
- Work in home and industrial laundries (durable through multiple washes)
- Recharges after every wash with EPA-registered chlorine bleach
- BioSmart has been successfully tested against multiple bacteria and viral strains BioSmart has passed ISO skin irritation testing and skin sensitization testing
- Patented technology US 7,998,886
How does BioSmart work?
What is Maxima ESD?
- Maxima ESD and Maxima ( Burlington ) are polyester high-density (HD), calendared static dissipative fabrics that contain ESD strips to help repel fluids and bacteria.
- Fabric is suitable for aseptic environments.
- Maxima ESD garments can be worn in a variety of industries which include pharmaceutical, biotechnical, biological and food processing.
- Designed for cleanrooms up to and including Class 10 (ISO 4) where bacterial filtration, static charges, particulate and fluid resistance is desired. Available with antimicrobial treatment (Aegis)